SIIRD promotes, facilitates and funds joint industrial R&D collaboration between Singapore-based companies and Israel-based companies.
Call for Proposals
SIIRD provides funding of up to US$1M for joint R&D projects between companies based in Singapore and Israel. The SIIRD funding covers the R&D portion of the companies’ total development cost in the joint projects.
SIIRD is calling for a new round of grant proposals. The submission period for grant proposals is between 4 Aug 2014 and 18 Dec 2014.
Click here to submit your grant proposal.
About R&D Funding
SIIRD provides funding up to US$1M for joint R&D projects between companies based in Singapore and Israel. Interested companies are welcome to apply for this funding by following the instructions in the Proposal Submission page.
Who can apply?
The application must be jointly submitted by a Singapore-registered company and an Israel-registered company. Either company must not have more than 20% shareholding in the partnering company. The joint project must be undertaken in Singapore and Israel. At least 30% of the actual R&D work must be done in Singapore as well as in Israel. Technology and product developed must have potential for commercialization.
How does SIIRD funding work?
The submitted proposals will be subjected to evaluations by independent professionals from Singapore and Israel, after which the evaluated proposals will be submitted to SIIRD Board for approval. SIIRD Board convenes at least twice a year. For the latest submission deadline for proposals, please refer to the News and Calendar.
Find out more about the proposal submission process at the Proposal Submission page.
Benefits of Utilizing SIIRD Funding
- SIIRD shares companies' risk from R&D projects
- SIIRD does not take equity in the funded companies
- SIIRD does not share Intellectual Property Rights of developed products/technologies
- SIIRD does not require collateral from the funded companies
Should a project be successfully commercialised, SIIRD is entitled to repayment based on the product sales, up to 100% of the SIIRD funding or Conditional Grant. All repayment to SIIRD are considered as pre–tax expenses. Repayment shall be based on either of the following:
- The Conditional Grant shall be repaid in US Dollars at the rate of 2.5% of Gross Sales, until 100% of the Conditional Grant has been repaid or;
- When the following maximum percentages of the Conditional Grant have been repaid in any of the following years following the first commercial transaction, no additional payments to SIIRD on account of the Conditional Grant shall be required.
|Maximum Percentage of Conditional Grant and Other Sums to Be Repaid
|6 or more