|Tel:||+972 2 6744422|
|Fax:||+972 2 6744455|
|Technology Classification:||Life Science - Diagnostics|
|Main Business Activity:||Medical Devices and Diagnostics|
Company Profile, Products & Technologies, Target Market:
LeukoDx was established by Cardio Ventures, a business accelerator specializing in medical devices and diagnostics.
LeukoDx is developing:
- Compact table-top and hand held flow cytometry instruments based on a technology develop for NASA to produce compact instruments which can be flown into space
- Disposable single use test-specific cartridges to be read by the instrument
LeukoDx Product Features:
- Small size permits point-of-care use
- Disposable test cartridge simplifies operation
- Provides results within 20 minutes
- Adapts to a range of blood cell diagnostics
- Eliminates need for specially trained personnel
The platform allows to develop the following tests:
- white blood cell counts and differentials
- surface cell markers
The first target markets are early Sepsis detection and CD4 T-cell counts for AIDS monitoring. Many other applications are possible using the platform.
Brief description of proposed R&D project:
The proposed joint project would focus on the joint development of either:
- the measuring instrument (which includes electronics and optics): high power LED or laser source, PMT for florescence reading and data analysis, or
- the diagnostics cartridge which could either be a MEMS device or a precision plastic device which would include biology reagents and microfluidics.
If the partners has manufacturing capabilities in these fields he may become the manufacturer of either the instrument or the cartridges.
Desired Profile of R&D Partner and its role in the proposed project:
- a developer of high precision electro-optics instruments, or
- a company with experience in building high precision plastics devices in the medical/health environment (preferably with some microfluidics knowhow).